Thursday, December 18, 2014

Hey Everyone!!!! So this week was amazing!! So much has happened I
don´t even know where to start. It was a really long flight over here.
I went from Boise to Denver, to Frankfurt, to Madrid. The flight over
the ocean took about 8 hrs. We got here at about 4/5:00 and we didn´t
really do anything the rest of that day. We just got settled in and
had orientation basically. This MTC is so tiny, but I love it! Right
now there´s only about 35 missionaries, but we`ll be getting some
Russian speakers in about another week or so, and then two weeks after
that we`ll be getting some native Spanish speakers, so that will
change it up a bit. My district is awesome! :) We have 3 girls from
Utah, two from Florida, me, one elder from Canada, one from Finland,
and one from Germany. My companion`s name is Hermana Welcker. She´s
absolutely awesome. She`s speaks Italian, so Spanish is pretty easy
for her to pick up compared to some people. The major highlight of my
week is going to El Parque de Retiro. It´s supposedly used to be the
king`s garden, but it`s huge! We went and proselyted there on
Saturday. I was blessed to have some really cool experiences. One guy
said that he had a lot of questions and was wanting to go to church
and talk to someone about it all, we also talked to some Muslims, and
I ended up reciting the First Vision to both of those people. What
they do every week is after about an hour and a half of proselyting,
they get all together and sing in the park for a little bit, and right
now it`s Christmas songs, but while they are singing, two
companionships are picked to proselyte, and mine was one of them and
it was the best! I was talking to this couple, M and M, and I was
telling him about El Libro de Mormon and he was very accepting of it
when I said that it went hand in hand with the Bible. He then asked me
if I had read it and like it, or something along those lines, and I
enthusically answered him yes, so he said something like if I read it
and liked it, then he knew that he would like it. His faith was so
incredible. Some people are just ready to hear it.
 Love you!! Hermana Rowley

No comments:

Post a Comment